Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dog Days of Summer...

Things around the Sheron household have been a little crazy these past few weeks. Adam and I are a little (a LOT!) short on sleep, but the boys are adjusting to life with their baby sister better than either one of us could have anticipated. There has not been one ounce of jealousy towards Grace, just lots of loving on "their" baby. We have, however, experienced two parental rights of passages in the past two days. In preparation for preschool, we have been teaching Nate how to use scissors, and he is actually getting really good! Unfortunately, he found a rogue pair and went to town on his hair under Luke's bed. (I guess he didn't remember that we have family photos this weekend!)
Second, Luke found a pencil and has tried his artistic hand on our walls. I guess they know that Mommy isn't watching as closely as she once was before our little Graciebell.

As far as Gracie is concerned, she is doing great! She LOVES to nurse, and the scale reflects that! We were at the Doctor's office a couple of days ago, because Luke's developed an ear infection, and while waiting for the Dr., Grace weighed in at a whopping 11lbs. 1oz!!! Holy Moly! That is just shy of a one pound a week weight gain. She is really putting on the chub. Gotta love a fat baby! She is starting to sleep a little longer at night giving Mommy a couple of 3 hours stretches. I think that Adam and I have become used to a new level of exhaustion. Auntie Noona called the other day and was telling us how tired she was, so she went to sleep at 12, and woke up at 12:30. My reaction was "why did you only sleep for a half an hour?" Come to find out at it was TWELVE and a half hours of sleep. I (only halfway) jokingly told her never to call again. Haha. My Mom, "Ama" has been visiting this week after we sent up the SOS. The boys just LOVE having her around, and it is so nice to have an extra set of hands around. I know that things will get easier as Grace gets older, but we are still finding it difficult at times to juggle. We went to a park downtown this morning and playing on the playground and then played in the fountain that they have there. The boys were so cute, and Grace slept the whole time. We had such a good time and the weather was so nice. I kept thinking how lucky I am to have three healthy kids. So what if I am tired? This is the life. I am so lucky for a wonderful, hard-working husband, and three beautiful kiddos. There is no where else I would rather be. Even in the midst of sleepless nights, I am trying to cherish every moment, because the third time around I know how fast time flies.


No comments: