Monday, December 21, 2009

Fall update

For some reason this blogger won't let me rearange the pictures! Frustrating. Here are some pictures out of order. And don't ask me why it posted some pictures twice. It won't let me erase them either, so twice the fun I guess!

Thanksgiving Boys









Yes, I realize that is is only four day until Christmas.

Yes, I realize that I haven't posted since the BEGINNING of October.
And yes, I realize that techinically it is now Winter.
Holy Cow!!! Where does time go? Seriously, I have no excuse. I am not even on Facebook anymore, so I can't blame it on that timesuck.

Well, before I let another holiday go by without documenting, I hope I can update you on our fall. It was crazy. Seriously busy, but oh so fun. The first weekend in October Adam and I got away to Seattle for a College Sorority reunion. It was the first time being back on campus since I graduated in 2001. It was fun walkin g around campus seeing the music building and even running into my old voice teacher Tom Harper, and introducing him to Adam. We got to tour the sorority, and meet up with the girls. We also got to go to a Husky game. Which we lost, but I tailgated for the first time in my life. I know, I'm sheltered.






The very next weekend, we (as in my 3 children, my husband, my parents, my four siblings and their significant others) all flew to Omaha, NE to see my sister-cousin get marries. Sarah lived with us for a year in HS and is in every sense of the word is a sister to me. She married an awesome man, Greg, and now has two darling step-daughters. It was a wonderful whirlwind of a weekend.
For Halloween this year, it was the first year I let the kids (well, boys) choose their costumes. (Well, I guess I should clarify, I didn't let Nate be the scary-way-too-old- for-him-Transformer that he wanted to be, so he chose the best out of the options I gave him.) Nate chose Batman, Luke chose Buzz Lightyear, and Gracie (poor thing) was a Pumpkin. Me being the cheapskate that I am, chose to reuse one of the boys old pumpkins costumes, as it looks to be the last of the "gender-neutural" options that she will have. It was fun to carve pumpkins with the kids. Adam carved a "barfing" pumpkin, and we caught multiple trick-or-treaters' parents taking pictures of it! Hilarious. We have also solidified ourselves as the "non-candy" house in handing out pencils. Hehehe.

The first two weekends of November were spent at the Beach House. The first with a group of girls while Adam babysat. (Thanks Honey!) The second, we spent with Adam's parents. We are so blessed to be able to use that house. The boys have discovered the joys of Wii bowling. Nate is proud to say he has beat Daddy and Daddy is reluctant to admit that he was indeed trying and didn't "lose" on purpose. Nate and Luke talk about the Wii more than they talk about the ocean, which makes me grateful that we don't have one here.

Thanksgiving was spent in Vancouver at Adam's parents house. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people for in-laws and my kids absolutely adore Nana and Bumpa. They are one of the many things that we are very thankful for.

OK, I will stop there. Hopefully I will get my rear in gear and post about Christmas and all the fun we had leading up to Jesus' birthday before, say, Valentine's Day.































No comments: