Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gracie's 1st Birthday Party!


Isn't she just the CUTEST thing you've ever seen?!?!?!?!

Reluctantly, we had a party for our darling baby girl Gracie! I say reluctantly because I CANNOT believe that she is one already! Where, O where did the past 12 months go? I really am at a loss for how flabbergsated I am at the speed in which her first year of life has gone. So, I didn't want to throw a party for her. My thinking was this, if we don't have a party for her, then she can't turn one, right? Adam reminded me that she will turn one whether I like it or not, and I will regret not celebrating. So, yesterday we invited family and a couple of friends over to celebrate. We put out a couple of pools, a slip'n'slide, and had a great time! The weather could not have been more perfect. Sunny and warm, with no wind! Miss Grace was adorable as the Guest of Honor. Here are some pictures of my sweet baby and her big day. Oh and yes, I made the cake myself. It was my first attempt at a homeade cake. Not too shabby, even fun! I think this will be our new tradition

She doesn't quite know what to do with it. She hasn't had any sugar yet, so she doesn't know that as a female, she is about to enter into a lifelong love affair with it.


I think she likes it!



Oh yes, she does! Welcome to the club baby girl!





2 comments:

Tara said...

She's adorable, Katie! Happy Birthday to her. I'm sorry to tell you that every birthday just gets harder to celebrate as the kids grow up WAY too fast. I already have a middle schooler. How scary is that?

Unknown said...

Dear Gracie, Happy 1st Birthday! You look like such a big girl.